Your Core Will Quake After This 15-Minute Pilates Ab Workout — No Equipment Needed!
Work your entire core with just your own bodyweight and this 15-minute Pilates ab workout. Crafted by master Pilates instructor and yoga teacher Jessica Schatz, aka The Core Expert, this workout includes all the basic Pilates mat moves to strengthen and tone your midsection. Schatz explained to POPSUGAR, "Pilates works the abdominal area on both a deep and superficial level to achieve true core strength, as all the movements engage a wide range of muscles from your deep internal transverse abdominis to the rectus abdominis." And what's great is you can do this mat workout anywhere!
15-Minute Pilates Ab Workout
Equipment needed: Mat or carpeted floor
Directions: Complete all 13 exercises, resting in between moves as needed. Afterward, stretch your abs with Cobra. Keep reading for details on how to do each exercise.
- The hundred: 100 arm pumps
- Single leg stretch: 5 reps (10 reps per leg)
- Double leg stretch: 10 reps
- Single leg straight: 5 reps (10 reps per leg)
- Double leg straight: 10 reps
- Crisscross: 10 reps (20 twists total)
- Open-leg rocker: 5 reps
- Teaser: 3 reps
- Kneeling side kick: 5 reps per side
- Snake twist: 3 reps per side
- Leg pull-down: 4 reps per side
- Leg pull-up: 4 reps per side
- Pilates push-up: 3 sets of 3 reps