There are no excuses for skipping this 20-minute workout; it requires no equipment, so no matter where you are, you can fit in a sweat session. Quick and effective, today's workout in our Better-Body Challenge mixes classic cardio moves with bodyweight strength-training exercises to burn calories and build muscle. Print the workout, but keep scrolling to learn the moves, and then get at it.
- Run in place while lifting your knees high to the level of your waist. Engage your abs as the knee comes up.
- Pump your arms to warm up your upper body.
- Come into a lunge with your right leg back. Swing your right leg forward to hop up on your left foot, and land softly back in a lunge.
- Repeat for 30 seconds, then switch sides.
Lateral Bunny Hop
- Make small jumps side to side as if you are jumping over an invisible line.
- Keep your legs as close together as possible, and swing your arms to help you jump.
- Lie on your back, and lift your upper body off the floor so your shoulder blades hover.
- Lift your right leg off the floor, and bring your left leg to 90 degrees, gently holding the left shin. Keep your upper body lifted as you switch or scissor your legs.
- Jump your legs out as you bring your hands overhead, then jump back to standing.
- Add in some cross jacks to work your inner thighs. Open your arms out to the sides as you jump your legs wide. Cross your feet as you jump your legs together while crossing your arms in front of your chest.
- Begin in a plank position. Jump your feet to the outside of your hands, coming into a deep squat and keeping your hands on the floor.
- Jump your feet back to plank.
- Start in a shallow squat with your weight on your right foot, and leap sideways as far as you can go to the left, landing on your left foot and bringing the right foot to the left. Immediately reverse directions and jump to the right.
- Continue jumping side to side.
Push-Up and Rotate
- From a plank position, perform a push-up. At the top of the push-up, rotate to the left coming into a side plank, reaching the right arm to the ceiling.
- Return to the plank position, do another push-up, and rotate into side plank on the right.
Box Toe Touches
- Using a box, step, book, or stool, lightly tap your left toes to the box, then jump to switch feet, bringing the right toes up.
- Continue alternating feet. No box? No worries. Hop from foot to foot, aiming toes at an imaginary step.
- Place your hands on a step or floor with fingers facing you. Lift your pelvis off the ground.
- Bend and straighten your elbows to work the backs of your arms.