Ever since you tried overnight oats, they've been your go-to breakfast. With all the different combinations, from apple pie to chocolate peanut butter, you could have a new flavor every day of the week! The one thing you don't love is that it's not exactly superhigh in protein — that is, until now.
Whip up this recipe using soy milk and plant-based protein powder that offers over 20 grams of protein. And because it's made with rolled oats and chia seeds, you also get a superhigh-fiber breakfast as well — almost 10 grams. Its easy to whip up and is only six ingredients. The texture is super smooth and creamy, so if you're into eating chunks, throw in some fresh fruit such as chopped banana or berries. The only thing better than the maple-pecan-vanilla flavor is the fact that it follows the nutritionist-designed breakfast formula for weight loss.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/2 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein; 41 g.)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 5 pecans, chopped (or almonds)
- Add the first five ingredients to a mason jar or bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pop it in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle on the chopped pecans and any other desired toppings, and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 1 serving
- Total Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving