Craving a snack that's cold, fresh, and fruity? Take advantage of the delicious produce available and whip up this homemade salsa that's bursting with juicy ingredients. We're talking bold red peppers, zesty red onions, and succulent ripe tomatoes, with a touch of sweet and tender mangoes.
If you've never made your own salsa, it couldn't be easier — just dice up everything, stir it in a bowl, and allow the flavors to mix and mingle in the fridge. Serve it with corn chips as an appetizer at your next Summer barbecue, and your guests will not only keep going back for more of those sweet juicy bites, but they'll also appreciate how much lower in calories and fat this salsa is compared to traditional dips.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Half red onion, chopped
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and allow to sit in the fridge for at least one hour (overnight tastes even better).
- Serve with chips.
Source: Calorie Count
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American
- 6 servings
- Total Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving