Because matcha is a known weight-loss booster thanks to a concentrate called EGCG (which can stop the growth of new fat cells and boost metabolism) and chia seeds can help debloat and aid in digestion, we think this is an epic breakfast, dessert, or snack for weight loss. It's also dairy-free and gluten-free, and it can be either vegan or Paleo (or both), depending on your sweetener choice.
Coconut oil is an optional ingredient, and you can choose the sweetener of your choice — agave was suggested to keep it vegan, raw honey for Paleo, condensed milk if there are no dietary restrictions. Raw, natural maple syrup is both vegan and Paleo.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon quality matcha powder
3 tablespoons sweetener (agave or honey suggested)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
3/4 to 1 cup chia seeds, depending on preference for thickness
- In a blender, blend almond milk, coconut milk, matcha powder, sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut oil until very smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Whisk in the chia seeds and chill the pudding in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Stir the pudding, and continue to chill for an additional 4 hours or overnight to let the chia seeds expand.
- Layer with your favorite fruits or toasted nuts, or enjoy just by itself.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 4-6 portions
- Total Time
- 5 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds