Green smoothies are great and all, but sometimes you want to sip on something that tastes a little more decadent and dessert-like. This sweet strawberry milkshake smoothie is only made with six ingredients so it's easy to whip up and tastes like melted strawberry ice cream.
Not only does this smoothie make the first meal of the day more delicious, but this recipe also follows the perfect breakfast formula for weight loss. At just under 400 calories, it offers almost 27 grams of protein, 9.5 grams of fiber, and 10.5 grams of healthy fats. Sip on this, and you'll also get half your daily calcium and 75 percent of your daily iron.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 serving vanilla plant-based protein powder (I used Vega Performance Protein; 41 g)
- 5 raw almonds
- 1 medjool date
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth.
Source: Calorie Count
- Drinks, Smoothies
- 1 serving
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Calories per serving