Need an energizing breakfast that will offer tons of protein? This sweet potato, tofu, and avocado breakfast bowl is full of flavor and offers almost 20 grams of filling, energizing protein. It's also a great source of fiber and healthy fats.
This breakfast bowl tastes perfect on its own, but adding a little crunchy texture with some chopped salted cashews makes it even more delicious.
- If you want to prep for a few mornings at once, roast three sweet potatoes ahead of time, store them in the fridge, and warm one up in the microwave in the morning.
- The recipe is pretty flavorful due to the marinated tofu, but feel free to add some of your favorite herbs and spices when roasting the sweet potato or top with hot sauce for an added kick.
- Wash the sweet potato and make about six small cuts on the sides.
- Microwave it for two minutes. Flip it over and microwave for another two to three minutes or until it's soft when gently squeezed.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, cube the tofu and slice the avocado. Keep the tofu cold or warm it up in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Cut the sweet potato in cubes, place them in a bowl, top with the tofu and avocado (and optional cashews), and enjoy.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 1 serving
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving
- 317 (366 with cashews)