Yoga Pose 2: Bent Standing Split
What it does: Stretches the quads and hamstrings.
- Stand with both feet together. Put weight into the left foot.
- Bend your right knee, and hold onto it with the left hand, pulling the heel as close to your body as you can.
- Fold forward to increase the stretch, resting your right hand on a bench, a block, or the ground if you can reach without pain.
- Pull the knee as high as you can to intensify the quad stretch, holding for five breaths.
- Rise up, and repeat this pose on the other side.