Thursday: Upper Body
As a former sprinter, I tend to favor lower-body workouts, but lately I've been doing more workouts to strengthen my upper body.
- Bench press: three sets of 12, 10, and eight reps. The weight should increase with each set (10 to 50 pounds).
- Face pulls: four sets of 12 reps (10 to 25 pounds)
- Hammer curls: three sets of 10 reps (15 to 40 pounds total)
- Dumbbell rows with triceps kickbacks: three sets of 10 reps (five to 12.5 pounds total)
- Pull-ups: three sets of 10 reps