Beginner Cable Machine Workout
I'm a Trainer, and This Is How to Use the Cable Machine For a Full-Body Workout
- Attach a triceps rope handle to the pulley on the carriage of a cable station. Adjust the carriage so that it's near the top third of the machine. The exact position will vary based on your height.
- Next, select the amount of resistance you want — 10 to 15 pounds is a great starting point. As you begin to become more comfortable with the movement, feel free to increase the weight.
- Facing the pulley, grab the rope and step approximately one foot away from the machine.
- With a slight bend in your knees and your elbows close to your ribs, brace your core and push your arms down. With control, let your arms come back up, stopping once you've made a 90-degree angle at your elbow joint. This counts as one rep.
- Complete three sets of 15 reps.