Sumo to Standing Side Crunch
This combo works the glutes, almost as intensely as a plyometric move but without the impact, and the obliques nicely.
- Start in a wide stance with your toes pointed out; bring your hands behind your head with your elbows wide.
- Bend your knees over your toes, coming into a sumo squat with your thighs almost parallel to the floor.
- As you straighten your knees to stand, lift your right knee while bending to the right to bring your right elbow and knee together, doing a side crunch.
- Straighten your spine as you bring your right foot to the floor, and bend both knees, returning to a sumo squat to repeat the crunch on the other side.
- Continue alternating sides for 30 seconds.