The 6 Best Kettlebell Exercises to Work Your Glutes
Want Strong Glutes? Try These 6 Trainer-Approved Kettlebell Exercises
Bulgarian Split Squat With Kettlebell
According to Hardstyle Kettlebell-certified trainer Lisa Reed, MS, CSCS, the kettlebell Bulgarian split squat is great for your glutes and hamstrings alike. You should feel the most work in your front glute with just a slight stretch in your back hip flexor. "Because of the balance factor (which also stimulates your abs), split squats are amazing for shaping, defining, and conditioning your glutes!" Lisa said.
- Hold a kettlebell in each hand.
- Begin by placing the toes of your right foot on a step deck, bench, box, stair, or chair of about knee height. Keep your left leg straight.
- Make sure your left foot is out far enough so that when you lower your hips, your knee stays directly over your ankle.
- Bend your left knee, squeeze your right glute, and lower your pelvis toward the ground.
- Press your left heel into the ground to straighten your left knee. This completes one rep.