Get Your Heart Rate Up With This 5-Move Cardio Circuit You Can Do Anywhere
When I think of doing cardio, I usually stick to my standard go-tos: the treadmill, the StairMaster, and indoor cycling. And while these forms of exercise are all well and good for getting my heart rate up and burning calories, they're far from the only ways I can get in my cardio workout.
When I'm traveling and don't have access to a gym, or just don't feel like leaving my apartment, I want a quick way to get my heart rate up that doesn't involve any equipment. Although I put this circuit together for selfish reasons (with the blessing of NASM-certified personal trainer and fellow fitness editor Tamara Pridgett!), it's the perfect no-excuses workout when I need to get my sweat on.
At-Home Cardio Circuit Workout
Directions: Complete the five-exercise circuit, resting for 20 seconds between each exercise. Perform the full circuit three times for a 21-minute workout (including rest).
- Side skater: 40 seconds (alternating sides). Rest for 20 seconds.
- Jumping lunge: 40 seconds (alternating legs). Rest for 20 seconds.
- Knee driver: 40 seconds (20 seconds on each side). Rest for 20 seconds.
- Plank jack: 40 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds.
- Squat jack: 40 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds.
Rest for two minutes between circuits.