Craving that pumpkin pie flavor this time of year? This is the perfect snack as it is easy to make, involves no processed ingredients, and is lower in calories than a slice of pumpkin pie or a pumpkin spice latte.
All you need to make these homemade bars (that will remind you of Larabars) are cashews, dates, and a few spices. These bars are slightly smaller than the bars you'd buy, which means they're lower in calories too; just 122 per bar.
Each chewy pumpkin spice bar offers almost three grams of protein and 1.2 grams of fiber, all for just 6.1 grams of carbs.
This recipe makes a batch of 12 so you can keep the rest in the fridge for later. They take less than 45 minutes to make and will help you save a little money, too.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
1 1/2 cups Medjool dates, pitted (about 12)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor until a sticky dough forms.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Press the dough evenly into the pan.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to firm up slightly, which will make it easier to cut into bars.
- Place the large bar on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 12 servings
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving