Half Bound Squat
This hip-opening squat variation offers a nice lower back release as well as a deep stretch for the chest and shoulders.
- Release King Pigeon Pose and hop your feet forward, coming into Wide Squat.
- Bring your right arm between your knees. Lower your right shoulder as far under your right knee as possible, so you hug your knee with your armpit as you reach your right forearm around your back with your palm facing away from your body.
- Reach your left arm up as high as you can, bend your elbow, and bring the back of your left palm to your lower back.
- Try to have the right fingers through the left. If they're close enough, hold your left wrist with your right hand, with the left palm facing behind you.
- Stay here for five deep breaths. Come back to Wide Squat for one complete breath to release the pose and repeat on the left side. Then return back to Wide Squat.