- With a slight bend at your knees, grip the ropes, and make sure that there is no slack on the ropes.
- Brace your abs as you lift your left arm up, moving the left rope. As your left arm returns to the starting position, swing your right arm, moving the right rope.
- You'll want to find a rhythm and swing as fast as you can to really work your arms and shoulders.
- Be sure to keep your hips facing forward and stable. Your back should be flat, and your chest should be up and open.
- Continue doing alternating waves for 30 seconds, then move to slams.