Seated Russian Twist
- Holding a dumbbell in both hands, sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight.
- Pull your navel to your spine, and twist slowly to the left, bringing the weight to your left side. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging.
- Inhale through center, and rotate to the right. This completes one rep.
- Keep going for 40 seconds, followed by a 20-second rest.