Squat With Overhead Press
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart with a dumbbell at each foot.
- Squat down and grab the right dumbbell with your right hand.
- Breathe out as you stand up, pressing the dumbbell into an overhead press.
- Inhale to lower your right arm, squatting down, and returning the dumbbell to the floor.
- Stay low and grab the dumbbell on the other side with your left hand.
- Exhale as you rise up, pressing your left hand overhead.
- Inhale to squat and release the dumbbell back to the floor.
- This counts as one rep. This movement should be fluid, focusing on correct squat form by keeping the thighs parallel and your bodyweight back into the heels.
- Alternating sides, complete 15 reps. Since this is an odd number of reps, every time you get to this exercise during the 30 minutes, alternate which side you start with.
If this is easy, perform the advanced version, known as the dumbbell power snatch, instead.