Snap Kick and Reverse Lunge Combo
- Start in your orthodox fighting stance with your left foot and hand forward, your right foot and hand back, and your knees slightly bent and hands in guard by your chin.
- Step the rear foot in to close the space, with your weight directly under your hips.
- Perform a snap kick with your lead leg. "Snap" from the knee and point your toes. Imagine the target zone you are hitting is under the chin or groin area.
- Next, bring the kicking leg back down and perform a reverse lunge with your rear leg. Keep your back tall and touch the ground.
- Do the same move this time in your southpaw stance (right foot and hand in front, left foot and hand behind)
- Perform this exercise for one minute total. Do 30 seconds in your orthodox stance and 30 seconds in your southpaw stance. Rest for 20 seconds before moving on to the next exercise.
- Modify by slowing down the tempo and range of motion with your kick.