Superset 1, Exercise 1: Sumo Double-Pulse Squat
"Concentrate on your technique with this exercise, focusing on maintaining a strong contraction in your core and glutes," Wells said. "Ensure you are not leaning forward during the movement and keep a neutral spine."
- Begin standing and plant both feet on the floor further than hip-width apart. Point both feet slightly outward.
- Inhale as you look straight ahead, bending at both the hips and knees ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs (quadriceps) are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Push through your heels and extend your legs slightly. Your legs should not be fully straight. Bend your knees to return to the full sumo squat position.
- Exhale and push through your heels, extending your legs to return to the starting position.
- Complete 12 reps and then advance to the push-up with side plank.