- Start standing with your feet shoulder-width apart holding a dumbbell in each hand with a neutral grip (your palms should be facing in toward your thighs).
- Hinge (bend at the hips) forward from your hips so that your torso is at a 45-degree angle to the floor. Bend your knees slightly and extend your arms to hold the dumbbells directly below your chest. This is your starting position.
- On an exhale, slowly raise the dumbbells forward and upward until your arms are in line with your ears and they resemble the shape of a "Y." You should feel a small squeeze between your shoulder blades. Inhale and lower your arms toward the starting position.
- On an exhale and with a slight bend at the elbows, raise the dumbbell outward and upward until they're in line with your shoulders to resemble the shape of a "T". Be sure to draw your shoulder blades down and back. On an inhale, return your arms to the starting position.
- On an exhale and with a slight bend in your elbows, raise the dumbbells upward with your palms facing your thighs. On an inhale, return your arms to the starting position. This counts as one rep.
- Complete eight reps.