20-Minute Abs and Glutes Cardio and Strength Workout
This 5-Move, 20-Minute Bodyweight Workout Is All About the Abs and Glutes
Alternating Squat + Reverse Lunge
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your feet parallel or toes slightly turned out.
- Bend your knees and shift your hips back as if you were going to sit in a chair. Continue lowering down into a squat until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- To help you balance, you can simultaneously bend your arms at the elbow and bring them in front of the chest.
- Rise back up, and from here, step your left foot backward, about two and a half feet, lowering down into a reverse lunge. Your left knee should be underneath the left hip, and should be at approximately a 90-degree angle.
- With control, push through your left foot and return to standing. Repeat with the right leg.
- This counts as one rep.
- Complete as many reps as you can in 45 seconds followed by a 15-second rest.