Side Lunge and Reach
- Start standing with your feet slightly wider than hip-width distance apart and toes pointed forward. Hold the dumbbell with both hands in front of your chest. Make sure you have space off to your right side.
- Keeping your core engaged, on an inhale, take a big step out to the right side, bending your right knee and coming into a side lunge. Your left leg should be straight but not locked. Both feet should point forward, and your bent knee should point in the same direction as your toes and remain over your ankle or shoelaces.
- Pause and exhale as you reach the dumbbell out directly in front of your chest, keeping your shoulders down and your core braced. On an inhale, bring the dumbbell back to your chest. If this is too difficult, eliminate the forward reach or do it without holding the dumbbell.
- On an exhale, press your right foot into the floor and push off to return to the starting position. This completes one rep.
- Perform 10 to 12 repetitions, then repeat on the other side.