This Leg and Butt Workout Builds a Bulletproof Lower Body in the Gym
You know you've done an intense workout when it leaves you sore for the next three days. Now, you do not need to feel that sore to have done a good workout, but if you love that type of sweat sesh, this intense, hour-long leg and butt gym workout is for you. It targets all the big muscle groups in your lower body, including your glutes, quadriceps, and hamstring, by using powerful compound exercises.
This is not a beginner workout; it's an intermediate to advanced leg and butt workout that you should only attempt once you have a good base level of strength. (Beginners, no shade! Try some of these bodyweight lower-body exercises or this lower-body dumbbell workout instead.) To scale it down, you can also try these moves with lighter weights to start. If you're ready to go HAM during your next gym session, tackle this tried-and-true leg and butt workout straight from a trainer.
60-Minute Leg and Butt Gym Workout
- Barbell Front Squats: Three sets of eight reps
- Dumbbell Walking Lunges: Three sets of 10 reps per leg
- Barbell Hip Thrusts: Three sets of 10 reps
- Bulgarian Split Squats: Three sets of 12 reps per leg
- Hex Bar Deadlift: Three sets of 10 reps
- Single-Leg Leg Extension: Three sets of eight reps per leg
- Hamstring Curls: Three sets of 12 reps
Take 60 to 90 seconds of rest in between each set.