Not Sure What to Do at the Gym? This 30-Minute Dumbbell Workout Is Calling Your Name
Getting to the gym is an accomplishment in itself, and figuring out what to do once you're there is honestly Oscar-worthy. Instead of making up a workout on the fly with your favorite three exercises, follow this 30-minute dumbbell workout.
The 30-Minute Beginner Dumbbell Workout
This workout should be performed in supersets, meaning you'll complete two exercises back-to-back for the designated sets and reps. For example, you'll complete 15 reps of goblet squats immediately followed by the dumbbell bench press. Then, you'll complete the second set of goblet squats followed by the second set of dumbbell bench press.
Try to take no more than 60 seconds of rest in between each set. Don't forget to cool down and stretch once you've finished the workout.
- Superset 1, exercise 1: goblet squat: three sets of 15 reps
- Superset 1, exercise 2: dumbbell bench press: three sets of 10 reps (each arm)
- Superset 2, exercise 1: weighted glute bridge: three sets of 12 reps
- Superset 2, exercise 2: bent-over row: three sets of 12 reps
- Superset 3, exercise 1: dumbbell walking lunge: three sets of 10 reps (each leg)
- Superset 3, exercise 2: overhead triceps extension: three sets of 10 reps