Throughout the chilly wintry months, an icy-cold smoothie is the last thing you want to sip down for breakfast. So cup your hands around this bowl of toasty warm oatmeal that offers way more protein than a regular bowl — over 18 grams!
Aside from protein, it's packed with fiber and healthy fats and is under 10 grams of sugar, so it's perfect if you're trying to cut back on refined sugars or if you're looking to drop a few pounds.
The nutritional info below is for the oatmeal alone, so if you want to jazz it up a little, add some fresh fruit like a quarter cup of chopped mango, or go simple with some sliced almonds and raisins.
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon flaxmeal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 serving vanilla protein powder (Vega Sport offers 7.5 grams of protein per 1/4 serving)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened soy milk
- Using a fork, mash 1/2 banana into the bottom of a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for 1 tablespoon of soy milk, and mix together.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in the last 1 tablespoon of soy milk to make it creamier and cool it down enough to eat. Add toppings, and enjoy!
- North American
- 1 serving
- Total Time
- 3 minutes
- Calories per serving