This Full-Body Circuit Workout Will Help You Build Muscle and Boost Your Metabolism
Adding weights to your workout can help you build more muscle and as a result, boost your metabolism. This circuit workout will help you improve your strength and boost your metabolism, and it's a win-win in our books.
Directions: Before getting started, warm up with three minutes of light cardio and do some dynamic exercises. This workout is broken up into three circuits. Complete each circuit twice before advancing to the next circuit. Take little to no rest in between each exercise and one minute of rest in between each round. Take two minutes of rest after you complete both rounds of each circuit.
We recommend using five- to 10-pound weights for this workout, but feel free to use heavier or lighter weights. Here's a guide on how to choose the right weight. Don't forget to cool down and stretch once you've finished the workout.
The Metabolism Boosting Circuit Workout
- Circuit 1, exercise 1: Goblet squat: 15 reps
- Circuit 1, exercise 2: Deadlift with row: 15 reps
- Circuit 1, exercise 3: Bridge with chest press: 20 reps
- Circuit 2, exercise 1: High-to-low wood chop: 24 reps (12 per side)
- Circuit 2, exercise 2: Reverse fly: 15 reps
- Circuit 2, exercise 3: Split squat with overhead press: 20 reps (10 per side)
- Circuit 3, exercise 1: Bicep curl with side lunge: 20 reps (10 per side, alternate sides)
- Circuit 3, exercise 2: Lawnmower: 20 reps (10 per side, alternate sides)
- Circuit 3, exercise 3: Overhead reach with leg lower: 20 reps (10 per side, alternate sides)